Roll-On / Roll-Off Ocean Shipping to Dubai
What Is Ro-Ro Shipping?
Ro-ro, short for roll-on / roll-off or rolling stock cargo is defined as wheeled or tracked goods such as automobiles, cranes, trucks, trailers, multi-purpose vehicles, railroad cars, goods loaded on mafis and flat trucks, including OOG. Ro-ro cargo can, therefore, be conveyed onto the cargo ship using the ship’s ramps without the aid of a crane.
Ro-ro offers a safe and cost-effective way to transport oversized or special project cargo. Shipments often move as one piece using specialized trailers port to port. Ro-ro requires less physical handling with little or no need for costly dismantling and reassembling. Ro-ro cargo, based on size, is generally secured in the ship’s garage decks for the entire voyage so there is less exposure to water and the elements.
Examples of Ro-Ro Cargo:
- Airport ground support equipment
lifts | loaders | tugs
- Agricultural equipment
bailers | combines | pickers
ambulances | buses | cars | RVs
- Construction equipment
cranes | backhoes | dozers | loaders
- Oil, gas & energy equipment
drill rigs | pumps
- Road building equipment
excavation and extraction
- Static cargo on
- Trucks, tractors, trailers
In order to provide you with the most accurate quote, please have the following information ready when you speak to a member of our pricing team.
- Type of commodity
- Make and model information
- Measurements of cargo
- Self-propelled, wheeled or tracked
- Your documentation for starting and stopping the vehicle
- Ground clearance
- Port of loading and port of discharge
- Whether you require RTM to handle the in-land transportation
- Whether a tow bar is required