What is Breakbulk Shipping?
Breakbulk cargo are goods that need to be loaded individually versus containerized cargo or in-bulk products like oil or grain. Generally, breakbulk cargo is shipped loose, crated, boxed, skidded or palletized. RTM is an expert in breakbulk shipping and logistics. We provide innovative solutions for complicated cargo.
How We Ship Your BreakBulk Cargo
RTM Lines analyzes your cargo to recommend the most efficient shipping options. Breakbulk is often the safest alternative for transporting large machines and equipment. Shipping oversized cargo in a container adds the following steps to the process: disassembly, packing, unpacking, and reassembly. This same out-of-gauge machine could be moved in a more cost and time-effective manner as one piece of breakbulk cargo.
We work with you to plan the most effective conveyance for your equipment, destination, and schedule. Doing ocean transportation with oversized cargo units by breakbulk is often the only mode of ocean transport for High & Heavy, Abnormal, and OOG cargo.
Examples of Breakbulk Cargo:
- Cement drums
- Industrial engines
- Machinery & machine tools
- Oil field machinery
- Rigs, pipes, tubes, casing
- Steel coils/plates
- Storage tanks
In order to provide you with the most accurate break bulk cargo transport quote, please have the below information ready when you speak to a member of our pricing team.
- Description of goods
- How it is packaged
- Dimensions per unit (LxWxH)
- Weight per unit
- items on pallets / pallet size
- ARE ITEMS STACKABLE
- Port of origination
- Port of discharge
- are the items hazardous
- Location of lashing points
- special requirements or conditions
Customer Services Provided:
RTM provides both on-deck and below-deck stowage of break bulk items. Our over 40 years of experience in break bulk is manifest in our in-depth knowledge listed below.
- Cargo supervision – loading and discharging
- Continuous cargo management port to port
- Expert and experienced stevedoring teams with specific experience in heavy and oversized cargo
- Handling of hazardous cargo, special permits and custom clearance
- Full and part chartering of vessels at highly competitive rates