High & Heavy
What Is High & Heavy (Abnormal) Or Out Of Gauge (OOG) Shipping?
High and heavy cargo, as the name implies, is a term defining cargo types that have unusual height and weight requirements. At RTM we classify ocean cargo as high and heavy if its length exceeds 18m, its height exceeds 4.5m, its width exceeds 4.5m, and its weight exceeds 80mt.
This highly specialized class of ocean cargo requires special attention along every point from port to port. RTM’s high and heavy services include careful handling and international transport of cargo. This includes: port delivery, crating and palletizing, shrink wrap, special surveys, clearances and permits, drive away services, and customs clearance. When needed for Inland transport, we can arrange escort requirements, and other logistics needs as they occur.
RTM has distinguished itself as a specialist in high and heavy cargo and has over 40 years of experience. High and heavy cargo requests are handled exclusively through RTM’s Advanced Project Desk Specialists. APD team members are specially trained and seasoned executives with extensive training in the unique demands of sensitive cargo.
To speak to an APD team member assigned to your geography call +1 203-750-8873.
Examples of Abnormal Cargo:
- Construction Machinery
- Oil Equipment
- Harbor Machinery
- Power Generation Equipment
- Large Steel
- Kit Houses
- Heavy Machinery
- Aeronautical Parts
- Cargo Supervision – Loading And Discharging
- Continous Cargo Management Port To Port
- Dedicated Teams With Professional Experience In Handling All Aspects Of Complex Project Cargo Shipments
- Handling Of Hazardous Cargo, Special Permits And Custom Clearance
- Full Fixtures And Parital Chartering Of Vessels At Highly Competitive Rates
In order to provide you with the most accurate quote, please have the following information ready when you speak to a member of our pricing team.
- Descripition of Goods
- How Is It Packaged
- Are Items Hazardous
- Weight Per Unit
- Dimensions Per Unit (L,W,H)
- Location of Lashing Points
- Are Items Stackable
- Pallet Size (If Palletized)
- Any Special Conditions
- Port of Origination
- Port Of Discharge
- Any Special Requirments